How a digital camera works
Nokia have gone and made a pretty informative video which visualises how a modern digital camera works. They've slowed down the process and broken it down into the individual roles of digital camera components to illustrate the entire process (in a nutshell). Basically the process goes:
- From when the light darts towards the camera.
- The shutter snaps open and shut to let a burst of light in.
- The light passes through the lenses, where it is bent to the proper perspective.
- The ball bearing optical image stabilisation rocking about to compensate for the camera movement.
- The light hits the camera sensor.
- It is then digitised and processed and is sent to the camera/phone's screen.
Obvious, but pretty cool to see it visualised in such a way. Sorry though, still won't buy a Nokia.